Joining EDINA

I’m delighted to announce that I will be joining EDINA in August as Head of Technology Strategy and Planning

I have long admired EDINA, having had several opportunities to collaborate with them in the past few years. EDINA is a powerhouse of technical service delivery and innovation, and has carved out an enviable national and international reputation in several fields. I’m excited to be joining this successful and innovative organisation, and am looking forward to what I have no doubt will be a challenging role.

Rather than moving to Edinburgh, I’ll be based in a Bristol office, but I expect to be visiting the mothership on a frequent basis.

The past year at UKOLN has been a difficult one for all of us there. Like me, many of my colleagues have found new positions, while others are actively searching for opportunities. Although UKOLN is greatly diminished by the loss of many talented and committed staff, the deep expertise and knowledge remains with them individually, and I hope that I may be able to collaborate with some in future. I have benefitted enormously from six years of association and collaboration with such colleagues. I would like to thank them for their support, and to wish them well for the future, wherever that may be.