It’s been a few weeks since the JISC Geo Tech & Tools Product Launch event at London so we thought it was time we updated you on some of the follow up activities…
On the second day of the JISC Geospatial Event in London, we had two sessions to gather around tables (and/or move between them) and discuss some questions around the themes emerging from the JISC Geo projects. It followed on from the previous days thoughts “to figure out which products are going to help catalyse the spatial revolution in .AC.UKs”, but this session involved discussion that looked out wider than the presented products.
In session 1 discussions included:
- How do we get faculty/students to support students in spatial, scribed by GeoCrimeData
- What human infrastructure do institutions need to establish for a spatial foundation?, scribed by ELOGeo.
- How do we balance supporting novice spatial users alongside experts? Or, is geospatial analysis necessarily GIS?, scribed by Pelagios.
- How to fully exploit spatial analysis within research. (2nd half of blog post), scribed by STEEV.
- How spatial and temporal analysis can enhance research. (1st half of blog post), scribed by STEEV.
For session 2 themes running through the projects and 6 stages/ways of working with data were identified and discussed.
- Creating geospatial data
- Managing geospatial data, scribed by U-Geo.
- Repurposing geospatial data, scribed by Halogen.
- Analyising geospatial data
- Sharing geospatial data, scribed by ELOGeo.
- Expressing geospatial data
We would love to hear your thoughts on the discussions – leave your comments on any of the blog posts linked to here or add your comments on any of these topics here. If you were part of these discussions and think an important point didn’t get noted down, do add it as a comment as well.
We will be sharing more materials from the JISC Geo End of Programme events early in 2012 but in the meantime here are some video highlights – also available from our new Podcast stream [Click on subscribe via iTunes] – to enjoy:
JISC Geo Timelapse
View the whole of the first day of the JISC Geo in just 1 minute: Â JISC_Geo_Launch_Event_Timelapse
Highlights from the JISC Geo Show & TellÂ
Hear about the best projects at the Show & Tell events where all 12 JISC Geo projects showed off their work along with some guest exhibitors: Highlights from the JISC Geo Show & Tell